Friday, August 29, 2014

Desire



Ever heard of your mind thinking one of these below?

"If only I have _________, then I'd be happy!"

"If only _________ hadn't happened, my life would've been perfect!"

"All I ever wanted is _________, why can't I have it?"


We all have, and what happen when we actually obtain that one thing that we wanted oh so much?

We jump to the next one on the list.

There's really no end to it.

All these thoughts are just our mind's justification of why we want it so much, even if it seemingly has no intrinsic value whatsoever.



That's why we are never satisfied.

Not because we can't obtain what we desire.

But because we buy into the lie that once we've obtained that one thing, we'd be happy once and for all.

That also will not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment